Monday, July 4, 2016

RLV 2.9.18.2

Hi,

Another day, another bug fix... Only this time the bug wasn't introduced in a recent version. In fact I think it has been there for a while, but I only heard about it now from a friend, and I do believe that it requires an urgent fix. The bug caused a crash when someone sent you an item or a teleport offer while you were under the @startim RLV restriction, and didn't have a session with this person. I did not notice it before because I seldom use @startim myself, but with the latest version of my Gag plugin I suspect it will be used more often, and I don't want to see a surge of crashes because of it, hence the urgent fix.

In my defense, the crash did not occur in my own code, but was indirectly caused by it. To be perfectly exact, the function that opens an IM session is supposed to be called only after an action of your own (you give an item, or you open a new IM session, etc), and it is restricted by @startim. Meaning that when @startim is active, the session is not created. Only in some cases (when someone gave you an item or a TP offer, but NOT an IM), that function was called too and expected to always return a new session. As @startim prevents it the session was not created but the viewer didn't check for its validity, tried to use it anyway, failed, freaked out and crashed.

I'm sorry for the flurry of new versions lately, but I felt that those two bugs (this one and the one before it) were serious enough to deserve an immediate bug fix.

You can grab the RLV for Windows here :

www.erestraints.com/realrestraint

Direct download :
www.erestraints.com/realrestraint/RestrainedLoveSetup.exe

And the MD5 hash for the executable is
ca72c35573caffcc183e4294a1ca5a42

Have fun !

Marine

PS : Happy 4th of July to all Americans !