Wednesday, July 20, 2016

RLV 2.9.19.1

Heya,

Despite my many tests, it just so happens that the rendering fix I introduced in RLV 2.9.19 had a little (but annoying) bug in some special circumstances. So special that I could barely reproduce them, let alone see them occur during the tests in the first place as those special circumstances did not occur in my sim. Namely, some transparent but non-invisible surfaces could vanish from the view depending on the angle of your view. But not all surfaces, they had to be part of an object with transparent, opaque and invisible surfaces, all of them at the same time. The best example of that would be mesh windows, but then again, not all of them (and seemingly not the ones in my region).

So I had to completely redo the fix, switching back to the first technique I used in the JIRA ticket, with an addition to make sure the surfaces update themselves when necessary (it has to be done when you activate and deactivate "highlight invisible", and in a way that doesn't freeze the viewer even though it requires a visual update of all the prims around). And even as of now, I have no clue why my former fix didn't work in all cases, as it was pretty much a copy/paste of some LL code with very little change. At least it works now. Let's just hope I will not discover some silly bug like "transparent surfaces will not show when you are higher than 1024 m, facing West, at night, on a Sunday, wearing black shoes". I kid but the bug in RLV 2.9.19 was almost that specific !

There is another bug I stumbled upon and that I fixed in this version : apparently you couldn't alt-click to focus in world through a HUD anymore. Slightly puzzling but it's fixed now.

So, to recap :

You can grab the RLV for Windows here :

www.erestraints.com/realrestraint

Direct download :
www.erestraints.com/realrestraint/RestrainedLoveSetup.exe

And the MD5 hash for the executable is
e78889251652dcb4353fcc0c5b7bb7cf

Have fun !

Marine